Can Banana Peel as Aquatic Ferts?



Banana peels contains (mg/g)
  • potassium (78.10)
  • calcium (19.20)
  • sodium (24.30)
  • iron (0.61)
  • manganese (76.20)
  • bromine (0.04)
  • rubidium (0.21)
  • strontium (0.03)
  • zirconium (0.02)
  • niobium (0.02)

Banana Peels Can Purify Polluted Water better than existing purifiers like silica and carbon, it also could be re-used eleven times before they stopped working and leave behind no chemical residue.

My Idea is:

u can clean & dried under the sun (or steam it to kill all the gem). Chop small small. Wrap in kain bandage then put in filter or just tuck inside your soil as root tabs...

I havent try yet.... but since its natural resources. I believe ho harm trying...


Source: from here

Writer : Kyle ~ a blog about AquaScaping

This article Can Banana Peel as Aquatic Ferts? is published by Kyle on Wednesday 22 August 2012. Hopefully the post benefits everyone. Thank you for your visit, Kindly leave your valuable comment(s). There is 9 comment(s): in this post Can Banana Peel as Aquatic Ferts?
 

9 comments:

  1. sounds working, but if use as root tab, what if in long run the banana peel decay ? it will increase the ammonia level right ? anyway, worth trying as filter media..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em.. if decay. i believe the beneficial bacteria will settle it and some of it will melt in time and gone during water changes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a idea, why not you just squeeze it become liquor and mix with water. then just fertz like normally. haha but not sure whether got water mou je. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. make banana peel ice blended and feed the plant.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put banana peel inside the filter box liao. As the top layer in filter media. Potassium problem shall be gone... Lets see

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kyle,

    Did it worked?
    Waiting for your reply!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far I’ve put pieces directly in my (Not well established tank) as root tabs and in my old smaller tank I’m using to grow plants to add later (I’m not running the filter, and no fish in it) and both tank plants already look much healthier within just 24hrs! The water got a bit cloudy from moving stuff around in the big tank (it has river pebbles, since I also have a Cumberland Slider turtle in it, along with my plants, fishies, and snails) but even everyone seems to be thriving more! The water didn’t cloud in the smaller plant-only tank, and it has well established bacteria in the regular aquarium gravel substrate. I’ve been using a reptile UV light over both tanks for light (because I have two... since I started all of this when I saved the turtle... she was a hatchling and nearly died in a jet fuel rainwater drainage trench where I work and had ingested a lot of chemicals... but pulled through!) I would love it if anyone can give me more pointers too though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can we dry banana skin dry it blend and use inside soild for planted aquarium as fertilizer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can we det another update? Is this still working? Im very interested in feeding it to my snails and using it as root tabs. My 2 year old eat a banana every day, so this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete