Battle with The Stubborn Green Dot Algae



Whatever algae I encounter, I can easily send a cleaning crew to clean it,You dont have to put your hand in at all. I have experienced Hair algae and Staghorn algae, both cleaned by 4 Siamese algae Eater. Diatoms algae settle by 4 Sucker fish Ottoclintus, 2 Nerite Snail and 2 J Snail. A month of this invasion, cleaned in a day. Never had problem after that, I can over feed and open light 24 hour also no problem.. no algae at all in 3 month. Relax.

Then I feel those fish abit annoying, coz no more algae liao, they not so prety in my tank actually.. I gave my fren 2 Siamese and remove all Snails... Ta Yuen Jai Em Yiu Woh Seung.

Then after change to 55W light this shit came in. This is the Mothership of All Algae called the Stubborn Green Dot Algae which no fish can remove it. Even u use your hand or use finger nail Scratch until your leaf Spoiled it still there.

Otoclintus cant solve it... Siamese algae eater no need say lo...
So I Put back 2 J snail in... they craw through the Green Dot Algae... they doesnt remove it...

Now I put back 2 nerite Snail. Green Spot Algae on Drift wood are cleaned by Nerite Snail..

Now I wait it craw my leaf and see the progress.. If they clean it. I will buy 2 more and J snail will be Executed.... (Just put in other aquarium)

Writer : Kyle ~ a blog about AquaScaping

This article Battle with The Stubborn Green Dot Algae is published by Kyle on Tuesday 17 July 2012. Hopefully the post benefits everyone. Thank you for your visit, Kindly leave your valuable comment(s). There is 2 comment(s): in this post Battle with The Stubborn Green Dot Algae
 

2 comments:

  1. looks like you've experience with algae already.. maybe can make a post about algae type and recommend cleaner.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. nerite snail is powerful cleaner.. at 1st they exploring the tank glass.. i was waiting for them to go to the plant.. unfortunately it doesn't happen, then i put them on the plant purposely.. then they stick on the plant for whole day.. they really clean it.. but damn slow.. my anubias is only around 5x5cm, the snail crawling it for more than 4 days now, it still there.. repeatedly crawling that few leave and the wood.. looks like i need to force him to go to the specific leave to do the cleaning..

    ReplyDelete